|Trinity College is a short walk from The Anchor House B&B. It is situated on the other side of the river Liffey. Trinity College was founded in 1592 by Queen Elizabeth 1st. Follow the attached Map to reach Trinity College main Entrance. Many walking Tours of both Trinity College & the City Centre are on sale from Trinity College main Entrance.|
The inner cobbled paths, lawns, & Trinity College Buildings may be visited free of charge. The situation is peaceful & serene. It may be nice to take a break from the busy city here.
The Book of Kells and The Old Library are among the many Attractions mostly visited at Trinity College.
The Irish Parliament of 1801 voted itself out of existence, with The Act of Union. The Parliament House was situated across the Street from Trinity College, in what is now The Bank of Ireland. The candelabra now hanging in the Examination Hall at Trinity College once lighted the Irish Parliament “House of Common’s” across the street.
The Irish “House of Lords” chamber remains preserved and open to public view, free of charge, in what is now The Bank of Ireland in College Green, across the street from Trinity College.
Famous Trinity College past pupil’s are Samuel Beckett & Oliver Goldsmith.
Directions from Anchor House Dublin to Trinity College Dublin